A Package[Room/Day] rate is used in situations where you want to enter a total price for a fixed number of nights and when prices flex by days of the week. The total price entered is based on check-in day. You would generally use this for multi night stay offers. (Note: Pricing for this rate type can't be integrated with a PMS / Channel Manager due to restrictions in how those system operate)
To set up a Package Rate follow the below steps:
1. Go into the Booking Engine Service
2. Under Rate Management click Browse Rates. Create Rate
3. General Tab
1. Rate Code - All rates set up on Avvio must have a valid Rate Code, you can only have one rate per rate code.
3. Status- This is where you decide if your rate is going to be
A) Active(i.e. available on the booking engine)
B) Suspended(i.e. not available for Sale but still on Avvio system)
C) Deleted( completely removed)
4. Price Management [Macro Type] - Select Package[Room/Day] Prices
5. Rate Title- This is the name of the rate that will appear on the booking engine and all subsequent pages of the booking. It will also appear on the confirmation email you receive once you have successfully made a reservation.
6.Short Title - This appears when there isn't much space to display.
8.Rate Terms & Conditions- This is the Terms & Conditions of this particular rate. They will display in addition to the General Hotel Terms and Conditions you have set. If you wish to just use the General Hotels T&C's, just leave this blank.
9. Rate Sales Message- This is a sales message that will appear once you hover over the little Thumbs Up on the rate.
10. Rate Reinforcement message- This is the final sales message a customer will see before they make their booking.
11. Custom Rate Incentives - Custom rate incentives will appear underneath the rate title while customers are viewing the results page sorted by rate first. A maximum of 5 custom rate incentives can be added to a rate
4. The Advanced Tab can be set up by following the instructions HERE
5. Restrictions Tab
1. Avvio Rate Code - All rates set up on Avvio must have a valid Rate Code, you can only have one rate per rate code.
2. Stay - This is where you set your Min & Max length of stay for this particular rate. For a package rate you need to enter the Min & Max LOS the same. If for example you enter 4in the Min Length of stay, you will have to enter 4in the Max Length of stay, it will only allow the customer to book the package for 4nights stay and nothing more.
3. Leadin - This is where you set your Min & Max Leadin for this particular rate. If you enter a Min Leadin of 7 then the rate will only show for checkin at least 7 days in advance. This is primarily used for Advance Purchase rates. If you enter a Max Leadin of 14 days it will only show for dates up to 14 days in advance.
4.Checkin Days - This is where you can limit what days of the week checkin is allowed for this particular rate. It would be used for Midweek special rates where you don't want the customer to checkin on the weekend.
5. LOS Pattern - If you tick a LOS pattern it forced the customer to book this stay pattern on the rate.
6.Sell Date Restrictions - Optionally set a range of available book dates for use with limited-term rates e.g. flash sales. Please note that this function does not control the stay dates available to the customer on this rate, it only controls the date where the rate is available to book, not checkin. Leave this box unticked if you have no sell date restrictions.
6. The Rooms Tab can be set up by following the instructions HERE
7. The Finance Tab can be set up by following the instructions HERE
8. The Channels Tab can be set up by following the instructions HERE
9. The Upsells Tab can be set up by following the instructions HERE
10. The Tags Tab can be set up by following the instructions HERE
11. The Images Tab can be set up by following the instructions HERE
Once you have all the tabs filled in Save Changes
Once the rate is saved you will need to add a period to the new rate
Select "Periods" at the right hand side of the rate
Click "Add Rate Period" and enter the rate periods for the rate.
Once you have the periods added for the rate you need to add pricing next.
The pricing is entered for every day of the week. For package pricing the prices are entered with the total amount of the stay on the day of checkin, so if it was €260 to stay for 3 nights check-in on a Monday you enter 260 in the Monday box, If it is €360 to stay for 3 nights check-in on the Friday you enter 360 in the Friday box.
Once you are happy with the prices SAVE CHANGES
Your rate should now be live on the Avvio Booking Engine.